Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekends at the Lake!!!

Now that summer vacation is offically here for us teachers, Tony and I decided to take a nice long weekend break at the lake. We left on Wednesday and came home Sunday night. It was nice for us to spend some time together before both of our summer jobs start and life gets chaiotic again with moving and preparing for our little baby.
We went to Island Lake on for a couple days (Tony's parent's cabin). We really enjoyed spending time on their pontoon, a new purchase for their family. We had great weather and I mostly read books about preparing for baby while Tony did some odds and ends work. One day we packed a picnic lunch and went out on the pontoon for the whole afternoon and did some fishing too. No luck on the fishing though!
On Friday, we went to my parents cabin on Twin Lakes. We had a windy Saturday afternoon, but had fun just hanging out and trying to keep the dogs out of trouble. Herbie likes to run around there. They have neighbor dogs that he has found can be his newest friends! Tony and Scott tried out a new fishing boat, I chose to stay on shore, it looked much safer!!!


Herbie thought he could be the captain of the ship!

This is a 2lb. bass fish that scott caught, we thought we were going to have an appetizer for dinner until it got off the stringer when they decided to start driving with out pulling the fish in first!!

Even my dad had to take a turn trying out the fishing boat

Herbie and I had our fun driving the 4-wheeler around, I liked giving him rides, not sure if he enjoyed it as much as I did!!

Such a nice picture of Tony and I that my mom took before we went to church on Sunday. It is actually one of the first pregnant pictures we have taken together. Normally he is taking them of my belly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment