Monday, April 23, 2012

Baptism Day

On Saturday April 21st our little Carter was baptized. It was a wonderful day filled with family and fun. Carter did wonderful throughout the mass and ceremony. Not even a cry! Logan on the other hand needed a little extra discipline. Actually he did good too but just a little wiggly. I chalk that up to a long week! (more info later) After baptism we had everyone over for a great meal, cake, drinks, and of course hockey on tv! Father Dan came over and visited and stayed to watch us open up gifts. It was so nice to have all our families here. We are very lucky and thankful that everyone came for our little Carter. Plus that way everyone saw how challenging Carter can be when the sun goes down and I had extra hands to help out! Enjoy some of our baptism pics.

A family photo before the mass

 Carter during mass, he kept smiling at his godmother Summer and I was trying to catch it on camera. 

 Being blessed with the holy water

Father Dan and Carter.... we are so lucky to have such a wonderful priest!

Carter and his godparents, Uncle Scott, Uncle Robbie, & my cousin Summer

A Bina family photo (I love Layla in this picture) such a cutie!!!

Carer with his parents and godparents 


So in addition to baptism our week was super long as I referred to earlier because our little Carter ended up in the ER on Monday night with a super high fever for a little guy. They did sooo many tests on him, including spinal tap, urine catheter, chest x-rays, blood work, and they found everything to be negative. Thank goodness! But we did have to stay in the hospital for 48 hours to wait and see if the blood culture test showed up positive or negative for a bacterial infection. It was negative! So finally on Thursday morning we were able to go home. Let me tell you, I hope we never have to do anything like that again. Carter was hooked up to an IV the whole time and you know what its like to sleep in a hospital, impossible! It was one of the most heart wrenching experiences I've ever had to go through. Thank goodness our week was ended on such a good note with baptism. Now on to my last week at home with the boys before its back to work for me. I know it went WAY too fast. Now I get to look forward to summer vacation!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures from your little man's special day! Glad he is doing better! Enjoy these last few days with them before you go back to school! Then the countdown to summer! We have 25 days left :)

    ReplyDelete